Here is the first painting I have completed this year. It started as something even more abstract back in November, but I couldn’t quite resolve it into a painting that worked back then, so I repainted it, and now it has become an abstract floral work. I really love how it came out.
Here is how it looked after a few days of work back in November and what it is now:As you can see, there are a few parts that remained more or less intact and a lot of additions and modulations. That groovy shape in the top center just didn’t work here, but three calla lily-type flowers have taken its place rather nicely.
I didn’t want to lose that wonderful diamond-shaped bit of fuchsia towards the upper right, and I think it came out really well being made into a “flower.” She’s kind of queenly, I think, and seems to be engaged in a dialogue with the fuchsia flower in the center, or maybe they form a trio of fuchsia flowers with the one below both of them.
The other part I was quite attached to was the little blue “mouth “engaged in a scream in the green flower on the upper left (when the painting was turned 90 degrees):
Some brushstrokes just can’t be duplicated (well not mine; not yet, at any rate), so this little guy remains even if it’s no longer so clear that it was a mouth screaming.
“Ovation in Pinks” is available from my new shop site, here: “Ovation in Pinks.”